Ramen noodles (aka: Ramyun) is an Asian food ready to eat in about 5 minutes. Mouth-watering ramen noodles and aroma of ramen soup will enlighten your sense of taste and smell. You may add egg, vegetables, and other sauces to create your very own noodle soup.Maruchan (this is the brand) Ramen noodle soup is available in the grocery stores in the Asian food aisle. The packet contains a block of dry noodles and a sache of tastemaker. There are a lot of other brands of instant noodles available I have picked this one because it does not have any non-veg flavours and extracts. Maruchan Ramen Noodle soup come in a variety of flavours and you can choose whichever you like and cook it as expained below.
These noodles make a tasty, fast and easy and wholesome meal if you add a lot of vegetables. You can either cook it totally dry or cook it in extra water and eat it soup style. On its own the soup is quite bland but you can season it with the chinese sauces to enhance its flavour. It tastes very close to the hot and sour soup you find in chinese restaurants in India.
Cooking Instructions: You can follow the directions on the packet if you want to make simple noodles without adding vegetales. Add 1/2 cup extra water if you want it soupy. To make it with vegetables follow the recipe:
1 packet Maruchan Ramen Noodle Soup-Oriental Flavour
1/2 cup cut green beans (you can use the frozen packets)
1/2 cup carrots sliced thin
1/4 cup green peppers long thin slices
1/2 cup cabbage
1/4 cup mushroom cut in thin slices (optional)
1/2 cup bean sprouts (optional)
1tsp soya sauce to taste
1tsp vinegar to taste
chilli sauce to taste
cilantro to garnish
- Boil 3 cups of water and add the green beans, carrots, mushrooms to it.
- Break the noodles in small chunks and put them in the boiling water.
- Rapid boil for 2 minutes then add the green peppers.
- Let it boil for 30 seconds and then add the cabbage and bean sprouts and the tastemaker sache.
- Remove from flame immediately and set aside.
- Add soya sauce, vinegar and chilli sauce to taste. It is optional to add the sauces and you can adjust the quantity to your taste.
- Serve hot garnished with finely chopped cilantro.
Note: Cut the vegetables any way you want them and use frozen vegetables to save time. You can include and/or remove vegetables of your choice. Add small chunks of extra-firm tofu to increase nutritional value. Scramble a egg and add it to the soup after removing it from the flame.